Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Calling the Tooth Fairy



That long awaited day in a child's life when they finally lose their first tooth as arrived for Garret. He finally had a loose tooth and he wiggled it and wiggled it. We were reading together one night 2 weeks ago and he said, "Wiggle my tooth after each page that I read." So I did. We worked it over pretty well. He was afraid that he would lose it during P.E. the next day, but he came home with it still in his mouth. I had to leave to help out at my Dad's for the night and so I asked if he wanted me to try one pull. So out came the toilet paper and out came the tooth. He was very excited for the tooth fairy to come. I asked,"How much do you think the tooth is worth?" Garret replied,"I think 12 dollars." He finally settled on 4 dollars. How much did the tooth fairy give him you ask? 1 dollar. That is the standard protocol for the tooth fairy, I say. (Notice Katelyn is the background. She also lost a tooth the week before.)

No comments: