Sunday, July 19, 2009

YW Camp



Since YW camp was a week ago, I guess I better get it on the blog.I was priligived to go to girls camp this year with Blakely. She was so excited to go to camp. Our camp theme was United in Example. We camped up on Thompson Flats. We started out on a hike. The first mile was straight up. We hiked over the mountain into Albion. We then proceded up to the camp site. We had lunch and started into our value stations. Our wonderful camp director had each leader have a station on a value. Each girl needed to learn the color, definition, and scripture for each value. If they learned this they received a bead for each thing. They could end up with 24 beads. I think everyone did a great job. Blakely and I got all 24 beads. (Now if we only can remember everything now.) We had some crafts to do. The girls could make dog tags to go with their necklaces and make a ball to throw around. I had divine nature and brought blue beads for every girl to make themselves a Blue bracelet to remember them of Divine Nature. The girls could make Bubble CTR rings and cute mini clip boards. There was so much for them to do. My friend Jamie and I were in charge of skits for the night. I decided to make skits in a bag. The girls did a nice job putting them together. This is where the wildness begin. I don't know if it was the mountian air or the sugar, but the girls sang and were basically crazy. We sang "Bananas Unite", "Little Sally", "Ride that Pony", and did the washing machine.
That night the girls went strong until about 2 am in their tent. It was so cold that night. I froze my toes off. I was so glad to see morning. I did call Shawn and ask him to send more sleeping bags and blankets. He did make the comment that that when the boys went to camp the leaders didn't ask if they were cold. The boys just dealt with it. The next day was freezing all day long. We did camp certifcation and more crafts. Everyone at camp ended up with braided hair and some kind of painted fingernails. We had wonderful meals and lots of food. We had a nice testimony meeting which included giving the camp director and the bishop their own levi quilt. After the testimony meeting the wildness roared up again. The bishopric and the high council over YW joined in with all the songs and doing the washing machine.
Then we had the famed snipe hunt. The older girls had the younger girls ready to hunt. They insisted on wearing toothpaste on their faces. Even the leaders that went ended up with it on their face. I think I ended up with toothpaste in my hair. Some had it inside noses and ears. We found a good variety of baby, teenager, and momma snipes. I even got scratched by one. It was another late night, but lots warmer. The next morning we packed up and played a little more before we headed down off the mountain. I quickly showered and headed to get my other three children. I thought they would be ready to come home, but no one wanted to leave Grandma's.(Thank you Grandma and Dad) I am so glad I finally got this opportunity to be with YW.

2 comments:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

way to go becky! looks like fun! glad you guys had a good time together.

Arizona Manwarings said...

Glad that camp went great, and that your skits were a success.