Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bear Lake- Haws Family Reunion







Last weekend was my mother's side of the family reunion. We went down with Blake and his family. We spent the night in Lava Hot Springs. We got there just in time to set up camp and roast smores. Since we don't do much camping unless our Dad is forced to I went and bought some new sleeping bags and some fancy dancy headlights for the kids. I keep trying to presuade Shawn in more camping but so far he wins. It was a long night with 5 trains coming past our campsite. The kids of course had a ball. We then heade to Bear Lake to meet up with my mother's side family. We passed Soda Springs and Uncle Blake spotted a car show so we had a detour. The kids walked around looking at the old cars and played at the playground. Then on to Bear Lake. We headed down to the beach. The kids loved playing in the sand and in the water. Blakely and Katelyn were barely seen because they were out so far. They swam all afternoon. We enjoyed visiting with my cousins and aunts and uncles. It still shocks me everytime I see my Aunt PollyAnna because she looks like my mother so much. I think I just stare at her.
We then filled our car with sand has we headed up to Minnetoka Cave and walked down 440 stairs to see the inside of this cave. And you guessed it 440 steps back up. The kids made it and the parents made it too. It was interesting for the kids to see the inside of a cave. We then returned home arriving home about 11:30. I so enjoyed having my little immediate family with me and spending time with them even with all the hard work to get ready.

No comments: