Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The DROPS

Last Monday night we headed to Shoshone to a place called THE DROPS My brother Brian and his family were here visiting. It would be my only chance to see their family before they headed back to Arizona. So even though we were leaving for girls camp the next morning at 7 am we went to party it up. We went to a place where they have a cement lined canal. You jump off a bridge into the water. The water flows about 15mph and you float down about 5 min. until you have to hurry and get out before you go over the DROP Well first my brother Blake who is the most cautious person there is, scared us to death. He told the kids and I in exact terms what his expectations were for us to follow. #1 You must wear a life jacket. #2 Children will only go with an adult. #3 As soon as you hit the rapids you swim to the side or you may not be going home tonight. (Katelyn at this time pipes up "That's okay, I don't want to go home tonight." Which brought a smirk but was told she might die.) Well, I did it first so I could get a feel for it and it was pretty fun. Next I took Garret who I convinced to go. We jumped in before
he could change his mind. He clung to my neck the entire way, but we made it out alive. Next was Katelyn who had already got down with my brother. Katelyn did great execpt when we hit the rapids it shot us out in the middle of the canal and it made me nervous. So I kept pushing her over and trying to get her to the side. Well we made it with seconds to spare. All in all it was fun, but next time I would like my husband there also. We ended up getting home at 11:30, I stayed up until about 1:30 making sure I was ready for camp.

No comments: