Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Things have slowed down a bit now. So, I can blog! We had a half of day of school on Wednesday. We came home to start the traditional frappe and salads. Blakely has a science and social studies teacher who is an avid Star Wars fan. He even puts extra credit questions on the test concerning these movies. So anyway, she decided we needed to have a Star Wars marathon. We borrowed Episodes one through five from Grandma Peterson. Wed. evening we started episode one. I think we enjoyed the movie watching. We finished episode five by the weekend. We will just have to find episode six. Thursday found us at Grandma Peterson's having a wonderful dinner. The kids played hard with their cousins. Katelyn made up a play about the Pilgrims and Indians. The cousins acted it out. It ended in a wrestling match between the Indians and Pilgrims. I will try to load some video of this. My battery died just a few minutes in.
I decided this year to join in the shopping festivities. I went with my good friend Jamie at 4am. Crazy, I know. We stood in line at Walmart for 50 minutes and walked fast with the rest of the them as we tried to find our bargains. We returned home tired. Shawn just shook his head as I pulled in and he pulled out. And no I am not done with my Christmas shopping.
Friday afternoon we went back over to Grandma's to hang with the partying Las Vegas cousins. We went to the firework display in Christmas City (Rupert) with them. Saturday, we cleaned up and then took the kids over to the movie, Bolt. I really enjoyed the movie. Shawn on the other hand got kicked out the the theatre. I know, I know. I tried to tell him to be quiet, but he would not listen. (Really he was asked to leave. Brady was wandering and he was following him. Brady was to wild and the attendant asked them to leave.) Monday brought us back to reality. But JUST FOR THREE MORE WEEKS. We get out Dec. 19th. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

2 comments:

Joel's Family said...

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Holidays are always an eventful time of year.

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

It was sure good to see you guys. Thanks for making such an effort to come see us while we were out there. And, yes, we were puking all the way back to Las Vegas. I hope you guys didn't get it! Merry Christmas!