Thursday, June 16, 2011

Teen Dances



Another first; teen dances!
Blakely was able to go to her first teen dance a week after her birthday. She had this day planned out. I was to pick up all her friends and take them to dance and another mom would pick them up. It just happened that the same day was clogging competition in Lagoon and Shawn raced his motocycle in Rupert(another post). Our day started by driving to Lagoon at 5:30 am. We made it down and she performed. We watched a few dances and then Blakely and I bought enough tickets for one ride. She picked Rattlesnake Rapids(Yes, we did get wet.) We headed home with a few detours. After we had picked up the kids we headed home so Blakely could get ready for the dance. We ran on mormon standard time and even went to a wedding reception before we picked up her friends a little late. I think they had a good time and we all went to bed at midnight.
Fast forward a month to her next dance. This one really hit me as MY DAUGHTER IS GOING TO TEEN DANCES. I can never go back to Blakely being little. It is exciting ,but it makes me a little sad because time is continuing to move on. I loved teen dances growing up, but around here they really could take it or leave it. Each dance has the 7 stakes in the area invited. I went after her and a friend this time and didn't get into bed intil midnight. I don't know if I can stay up this late every night. These pictures are from a school dance, but they're the only ones I have.

1 comment:

Beth said...

i cant belive you took this pic ... did blakely wanna kill u :)