Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer is here



Summer has been in full swing now for about 3 weeks. The kids hated to leave school, but everyone needs a break.
We went out to celebrate the last day of school. I had a few more days of meetings and classes then the kids. But,we have now settled into a routine I think. I had the kids list things they wanted to do this summer. Some we are doing, some we can do, and some we might do. So far we have gone to the park, to the library, gotten a snow cone, planted the garden(my list, not the kids), went to Grandma's, oh and walked at 7am every morning - WHAT? Actually Blakely is not so thrilled about this one. In order to get ready for our youth trek the YW have been meeting every morning at 7 to walk. The girls that come have been real troopers, because they don't get to sleep in. We will be doing this until July 8th. I hope we can keep up the pace. I have gotten Blakely to walk on most nights with me also. So she is putting in about 5-6 miles of walking a day. We are good. Now, hopefully we can get to the rest of the list which includes swimming, camping, movies, and the zoo. We will try to keep you up to date.

2 comments:

Beth said...

yea! way to catch up on ur blog

Jamie said...

beautiful walking pix