Tuesday, June 7, 2011

14 years old




Blakely is 14 this year. She has been awaiting this birthday for months, even though she has tried to have a calm demeanor on the outside. She got to have a friend's birthday party this year and so even though it was two weeks early she had her friends come over. (Every weekend was booked before and after her birthday.) Her friends came over and got to experiment with make-up. They made their own pizzas,ate cake balls, played Wii, and just hung out. I wanted to play more games but Blakely wanted just to hang out. She has good friends and it was fun to have them at out house.
Fast forward two weeks, on her birthday she received a Bobbi Brown make-up book. She studied that book and experimented with make-up. She has been waiting for the day to be able to offically put on make-up. She would practice when she had to put make-up for clogging. She has learned pretty well, much better than me. Her reading teacher even noticed that she wore make-up on her birthday. For the first week I wondered if buying that book was such a great idea with her telling me what I was not doing right. I am glad she is enjoying this new stage in her life. I hope that she continues to make good choices and have a love for everyone around her.

2 comments:

Beth said...

holy makeup! is that blue eye shadow :) BLakelys getting so old

Becky Peterson said...

Blakely was playing around with the makeup. This is not how she normally wears it. I told her I would replace it.