Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving time again

This fall has flown by and as we celebrated Thanksgiving we did it by the seat of our pants. That is just how we do it lately. It started with Brady and Garret's babysitter having her baby the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and my back up babysitting needing to help at the school. So we really had to search for someone to watch the boys. Instead of going right home after school, we played with our friends and then went home working late into the night to finish my assignments for dinner at my Dad's. We lazily drove to Shawn's mom to drop off Frappe and to say hello. We then headed to Buhl. My sister and Dad had everything in good hands as we walked in and got ready to sit down for dinner. As always dinner is wonderful and over way too fast. The kids had fun playing outside and tracking mud in. We made Indian headbands and gave everyone an Indian name. I won't tell you who they named Grumpy Bear. I didn't get pictures of them with all their headbands on. We got to visit with my Dad's lady friend Terri. She was very nice. The boys worked on the retaining wall until dark and then we enjoyed wonderful pies. Blakely and Katelyn stayed down at Grandpa's with the intent that I would pick them up the next morning.
I did not go out early shopping with my friend Jamie this year. But when I went to pick up the girls we went over to the mall and shopped a little. It wasn't too bad except for the 4 kids I dragged along. My sister Kim and her family came and spent the night with us. Kim and Blakely really wanted to go to the movies so off we went. We went and saw New Moon and then Kim said let's go to another movie. So I throw caution to the wind and we did it. We then went to see The Blind Side. We really partied it up. We cleaned and played Ticket to Ride with Kim and Lampee. Katelyn and Brady loves babies, so they took good care of Luke. Hence the picture of Luke and this really is the only picture I took all weekend. Soon enough it was back to reality. Monday started back to school.

No comments: