Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pocatello Clogging Competition



Blakely started her lifetime dream of clogging this year. She has always wanted to clog, but her mom put piano lessons before clogging lessons. I finally decided to let her do both this year. She competed in Pocatello this weekend. I hurried home from school and braided her hair and put on her stage makeup. We loaded up the kids and headed to Poky. We arrived at the Performance Center in the heart of ISU. It was fun to show the kids where Shawn and I went to school. There were clogging kids everywhere. Her group practiced. I went into the auditorium and sat down. I have never been to a competition before, so it was weird to see people walking in and out of the auditorium while groups were performing. Blakely's group performed and then we were done. I made them stay and watch for alittle bit. It would have been fun to see the more advanced teams but they were not until Saturday. I took the kids out to Golden Corral all by myself. They did pretty good until we went into Fred Meyer's. I decided it was time to load up and head for home. Next competition is Lagoon in May. Great job Blakely!