Monday, March 28, 2011

Carl Bloch Exhibit

Over Spring Break, I decided we would enhance our children's lives with cultural. We drove to BYU and went to the Museum of Art to see the Carl Bloch Exhibit. Our ward was going to go but was snow out. When I had made the reservations, I thought we would have lots of time to get there, but in perfect Becky fashion I over booked us. We zoomed down to Utah finally arriving 15 min. late. They thankfully let us in after I told the hostess we had driven all the way from Idaho to see the exhibit. We wandered around looking at the pictures. Brady found a baby to follow around. Shawn finally told me it was my turn because he thought the parents would think he was a stalker. I wish we would have gotten a chance to use the IPad presentation, but oh well. All the different paintings were wonderful to see. Katelyn was affected by one painting called the Murder of the Innocence. Which was when King Herod declared to kill all the boy babies. The boys were less interested in the paintings, but sure loved the ducks in the pond. We left and checked into the hotel and went out to eat. We swam and then actually enjoyed sleeping at a hotel with children. THe next day we were able to attend our cousin's Braxton priesthood ordinance and be able to see some of my family. We then headed home to start our Spring Break.

No comments: