Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Seven years old


Garret turned seven on December 7th. I took him to the store the Friday night before his birthday so he could show me what he wanted for his birthday. Needless to say he wanted everything would be an understatement. Last year he was into Pokemon for about 6 months and then that phase was gone. I was happy that it only lasted 6 months. Well, it's back! He wanted Pokemon games and cards. He wanted to take mini cupcakes to class. He wanted hamburgers sliders and french fries for birthday dinner. I always give my kids breakfast in bed, but I had forgotten to ask Garret what he wanted for breakfast. After we sang to him, he stayed in bed and stayed in bed. I finally asked him what he was doing and he said,"I am waiting for breakfast." Oops! So I quickly grabbed cereal and gave him breakfast in bed. He had a wonderful day at school. We came home and got dinner ready. Grandpa Manwaring and Grandma Ginnie came for dinner. We had hamburgers and french fries. He opened his presents on Pokemon Soul Silver and more Pokemon cards. Next year Garret turns 8 years old. Time flys when you are having fun. I enjoy Garret very much. He is an enjoyable child to have around. He is very active and quite athletic. He loves his brother and sisters.(most of the time) He can be dramatic(thanks to older sister). We will continue to work hard to teach you what is right and to let you know everyday we love you. We hope that you will listen and know what we teach you to be true. Happy Birthday Garret!

No comments: