Saturday, June 13, 2009

Memorial Day




I know it's been a couple of weeks, but these few weeks out of school have been crazy. Growing up we never really observed the putting flowers on the graves of your loved ones, basically because we didn't live near any family members. Ever since my mom died we have gone down to Utah to her grave every Memorial Day. My mother's favorite flower was lilacs. So my Dad wanted us to pick lilacs. I do not have any lilacs at my house, so has we drove down we looked for an abandoned place with lilacs. We found a place in Declo and we picked not worrying about someone yelling at us. We enjoyed a nice lunch with Kim and Lampee. We then went over to my Mom's gravesite and enjoyed the solitude.

1 comment:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

what a speical time. good for you for taking everyone Becky. I'll bet it would have been nice to just have some you time. You're such a good example