Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christmas 2011

Once again the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas break goes so fast. I enjoy having one week off before Christmas and one week off after Christmas. I don't think that will happen next year:(
I love just being home because we never are anymore. Why is that? We h ung out at home and had friends over. Blakely had her first boy/girl party. It was fun except too many younger siblings and no place to put Dad. Dad was banished to Katelyn's room to watch TV. He does not like that.
Shawn and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. I have almost been with Shawn longer than I was with my parents. We decided to stay close to home and send the kids over to Grandma's while we enjoyed a quiet house. I am truly married to a great man.
We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner with Blake and Josie's family. I love to get together with their family. The kids enjoy each other and we visit too late especially on Christmas Eve. Soup, crackers, carrots, rolls, and sparkling apple cider. The kids always opening pajamas or something related to sleeping.
Christmas morning as usual was sending kids back to bed until 6:30 am. We decided to let the kids open presents before church. Shawn did have to be at the church for a quick meeting before sacrament and we met him at the church. We hurried home and gathered our contribution to Christmas dinner. It is always great to go to Shawn's parents home. We enjoyed all the yummy food and great company. For New Years Eve we spent it with our great friends the Bronsons. I made a new skirt for Blakely for her FIRST New Years Eve Teen Dance. All-in-all we had a great Christmas filled with giving, pouting, laughing, and family togetherness.

No comments: