Friday, February 26, 2010

Basketball





Katelyn and Garret played Declo Rec this year for basketball. EVery Saturday for 6 weeks. Katelyn practiced basketball skills for the first two weeks and then they played games the last four. Garret practiced basketball skills for all six. It was probably good Shawn took them to 3 out of the 6, because the first time I took Katelyn when she had a game. As I watched these girls on her team, I found myself yelling advice at Katelyn until about halftime. I then decided I better just be quiet. The other team was at the other end of the court before Katelyn's team figured out they better get down and defend their basket. There was no aggresive behavior at all. They just let the other team have the ball. Katelyn kept giving me dirty looks while I was yelling, and I am sure she wished her Dad was there instead of her mother. The last time she went, her team did so much better at being aggresive and defending their basket. Good job, Katelyn!
Garret practiced his basketball skills. They did centers. The kids had fun and enjoyed learning some skills to help them down the road. I love being able to watch them play even if it takes up more time that we don't have.

No comments: