Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another Epsiode of the redneck cow adventure

Last Saturday, the family went out to see Shawn who was out working in the barn. He was actually our feeding the cows. We were talking to him when I looked up and see one of the momma cows walking back and forth around the water trough. I see splashing coming from the water trough and decide there is a baby calf in the water. I yell at Shawn and start running across the field and slide under the fence and run out to the trough. Sure enough there is a baby calf in the trough so I grab his legs and try to pull him out of the water. I know that Shawn will be there to help any second. What I didn't see was the momma cow behind me. She was not happy that I was there. Shawn yelled at the momma and rescued the baby. Good thing he came or else I probably would have been in the trough also. Shawn didn't know why I was in such a rush to get the baby cow out. That I wasn't even concerned about the momma cow. Well, I guess it was just motherly instinct because I didn't even think of checking on the momma cow. I learned I better check on the mother cow first and then help the baby cow.

1 comment:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

That would have been classic wouldn't it have been? It's true about motherly instincts though. Good job Becky!