Sunday, March 1, 2009

Redneck Vet

Shawn said I needed to blog about this, so here we go. As you know we have some bulls that we have been raising for meat and maybe sell a few to off set the cost of raising them. Well, we have lost about three of them and Shawn looked up in his vet books what he thought it was and decided we better get them vaccinated. So he got the medicine and he was already out in the free stalls with the cows when we got home Wed. night. The boys wanted to go out and see Dad. So I threw on some flip flops and headed out to see if and when Shawn needed help. When we got out there, Shawn was already starting to separate the cows. He yells, "I NEED YOU NOW!" I look at my feet and try to tell I am wearing flip flops. He yells again, " I NEED YOU NOW." So in I went flip flops and all. I was keeping the rest of the cows up so we could sort the cows. I had left Garret and Brady at the top of the free stalls. Brady did not like that so he starts crying, trying to get in through the cows to get down to me. I can't go up or else the cows will come down. I whisper yell at Garret to go get his brother. Garret starts crying because he doesn't want to go in by the big cows. So he finally grabs Brady with much weeping and pulls him out. They both stand there crying. I had Shawn throw me his cell phone and call Blakely to run out and get Brady. She ran out and took him in and brought me back my shoes. Anyway, we got them all vaccinated, but it was a little wild at first.

3 comments:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

This image of wild cows and a bunch of crying kids is so comical. I am loving that you recorded this. And flip flops in February??? You don't live in Vegas!?!

Jamie said...

Poor girl and you didn't say anything about having to get ready for mutual.

Renee said...

hahahahahaha